The Illinois Podiatric Medical Student Association is committed to creating well-rounded students. Although you’ll learn a lot in the classroom, what you do outside of the class is equally important. Getting involved in organizations provides many opportunities. Depending on what best fits your needs and interests, you’ll have the ability to interact with other students, learn from practicing clinicians, become more educated about the future of the profession, and perhaps even volunteer to share your knowledge and skills with others .
Here is some information we hope you find useful!
For Current Students
- Getting involved is as simple as checking your school email. Look out for announcements, instructions on how to become a member, lunch meetings, and volunteer opportunities sent to you from various organizations. If you have questions about specific details, don’t be afraid to respond to the email.
- Become a member or run for an officer position of organizations that align with your personal goals and interests. If you’re unsure about the mission of any of the organizations, check out their web site.
- Bookmark the calendar page and check back regularly. Look for events you’re interested in and add them to your own calendar. We’re constantly adding new events!
- Contact any specific organization directly via the email address provided on their web page.
For Prospective Students
- This website is the place for you! Spend some time browsing through the site – especially the individual organizations’ pages – and see what opportunities are available.
- Visit the Office of Admissions to learn more about the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine.
- If you are planning on visiting or coming for an interview, come with questions you’d like to have answered.