Strides Into The Future
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
We are thrilled to host the Seminar at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science providing the opportunity for participants to see our facilities as well as use some of our new technology through various breakout workshops.
Co-sponsored by the Illinois Podiatric Medical Students’ Association (IPMSA) and the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, this Continuing Education seminar supports the student activities at Scholl College and allows for numerous scholarship opportunities for present and future students.
The Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine and has approved this activity for *15 continuing education contact hours.
*credit hours estimated
After Wednesday January 18, registration costs will go up to $350
Friday, January 29, 2016
7:00 – 7:55 AM: REGISTRATION, EXHIBITS, & BREAKFAST
7:55 – 8:00 AM: OPENING REMARKS
8:00 – 10:15 AM: Surgical concepts of the forefoot and ankle
- 8:00 – 8:45 AM: Hallux Varus: The Use of Tendon Transfers in Hallux Varus Repair (Dr. Darrell Latva)
- 8:45 – 9:30 AM: Syndesmotic Injury: Treatment and Management (Dr. Alison Joseph)
- 9:30 – 10:15 AM: Deformity Correction of the Hindfoot and Ankle (Dr. Narendra Patel)
10:15 – 10:25 AM: BREAK
10:25 -11:10 AM: Ins and Outs of Pediatric Osteomyelitis (Dr. Edwin Harris)
11:10 – 11:55 PM: Workup and Treatment of Chronic Ankle Pain (Dr. Philip Seeber)
12:00 – 12:55 PM: LUNCH – Student/Alumni Networking Luncheon
1:05 – 2:40 PM: Practice Management Panel
- 1:05 – 1:55 PM: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – The Risks of Electronic Communication and Social Media (Dr. Ross Taubman)
- 1:55 – 2:40 PM: Using ICD-10 codes and Local Coverage Decisions (Dr. Jeffrey Crowhurst)
- 2:40 – 3:00 PM: APMA Update – non-CE credit presentation (Dr. Laura Pickard)
- 3:00 – 3:10 PM: BREAK
- 3:10 – 3:55 PM: Technology’s use in Biomechanical Gait Analysis (Dr. Bruce Williams)
3:55 – 4:30 PM: Current Debate: What Would You Do? Thought Provoking Cases (Dr. Evans moderator) (Dr. Robinson vs. Dr. Klein)
4:35 – 5:05 PM: Student Research presented by Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine class of 2018 students, Drew Burdi, Shirley Chen and Rachelle Randall.
Saturday, January 30, 2016
7:00 – 8:00 AM: REGISTRATION, EXHIBITS, & BREAKFAST
8:00 – 9:35 AM: Podiatric Dermatology
- 8:00 – 8:50 AM: Interesting Case Studies in Podiatric Medicine (Dr. Wayne Bakotic)
- 8:50 – 9:35 AM: Complex Wound Management (Dr. Andy Bhatia)
9:35 – 9:45 AM: BREAK
9:45 – 11:15 AM: Medical Management
- 9:45 – 10:30 AM: DVT Chemical Prophylaxis in Foot and Ankle Surgery: Where Are We Now? (Dr. Adam Fleischer)
- 10:30 – 11:15 AM: Multidisciplinary Approach to Wound Care (Dr. Leland Jaffe)
11:15 – 12:00 PM: Forensic Podiatry Analysis of Footprints: A Case Study in Identifying a Killer (Dr. Michael Nirenberg)
12:00 – 12:45 PM: LUNCH
12:50 – 1:30 PM: Emergency Resuscitation of Your Patient (Dr. Jillian Theobald)
1:30- 2:05 PM: Ultrasound Refresher (Dr. Adam Fleischer)
2:05-2:15 PM: BREAK
2:15 – 5:00 PM: CONCURRENT BREAKOUT SESSIONS
PLEASE FIND THE CVs OF OUR CONFIRMED FACULTY AT THE FOLLOWING LINK
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING: Rosalind Franklin University resides in North Chicago, Illinois which is conveniently located in between two great cities, 40 miles north of Chicago, Illinois and 55 miles south of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
From North Take I-94 east (it becomes the Tri-State Tollway). Exit 137 (Buckley Road) driving east (left) until reaching the intersection of 137 and Green Bay Road (131). Turn south (right). The University is located on the east (left) side of Green Bay Road. From South Take I-294 north (Tri-State Tollway) to I- 94 toward Wisconsin, exit 137 (Buckley Road). Drive east (right) on 137. At the intersection of 137 and Green Bay Road (131), turn south (right). The University is located on the east (left) side of Green Bay Road. From WestTake I-290 Tollway east. Merge onto I-294 (Tri-State Tollway) north toward Milwaukee. Exit 137 (Buckley Road) and turn east (right). At the intersection of 137 and Green Bay Road (131), turn south (right). The University is located on the east (left) side of Green Bay Road.From East Take I-90 west (Kennedy Expy). Merge onto I-94 (Edens Expy) toward Milwaukee. Exit 137 (Buckley Road) and turn east (right). At the intersection of 137 and Green Bay Road (131), turn south (right). The University is located on the east (left) side of the street.
Parking at the main entrance parking lot is free.
Hotel accommodations are available at Candlewood Suites 1151 S. Waukegan Rd., Waukegan, IL. Call (847) 578-5250 and ask for the Midwinter Seminar rate of $94.99 per night plus taxes.